+ The Death Of Guilt +

Thu 5/1/08 1:19 PM.
Subject: The Death Of Guilt.



~You seem to imply that there is a need for guilt to be felt before one can begin to heal "Thyself," a concept I find incredibly self-serving, a rationalization.


Whatever I have done in my life is in the past. And like a photograph, no matter how beautiful, or how haunting, the image represented no longer exists in the same state in which it was photographed.


We are changing, always. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. But there is one fact that is undeniably consistent in all our lives, and that is constant change.


It happens to us all every moment, for each impulse and stimulus causes a reaction. And reaction is the catalyst for change.


You asked me if I'm avoiding an issue with this response. I have no issues with my past. I have accepted it for what it is, and have moved on with my life. Like everyone else, I must deal with the realities of today. In no time at all, they too will be in the past.


As far as regrets, I believe Willie Sutton, perhaps America's most notorious robber of Banks, said it best when asked if he regretted robbing those banks.


His response?


"I regret getting caught."


I have no regrets.



Virtually yours,
D.D & P.B.


Comments